Friday, October 29, 2010

Oh, Wilgo

Tonight, I made one of Mary's recipes for coffee cake to bring to my cousin's 15th birthday party on Sunday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY WILLIAM (aka Will, aka Wilgo)

 
 William and Mary (1996)

By no means do I feel old, but I remember when William was born! Now he is 15 years old, in high school, and talking about girls!

The recipe that I found for his brunch birthday came out great. I can't quite make out who's coffee cake recipe it is...I think it says Blanch. Whoever it belongs to, it is apparently "Very Good" according to Mary's note on the recipe card.

B (can't read name) Coffee Cake
(written on plain recipe card in green ink)
Ingredients:
1/2 cup walnuts (broken)
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
2 cups flour
2 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
Preheat the oven to 350
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
Combine in a small bowl 1/2 cup walnuts (broken), 1/2 cup sugar,
1 tsp cinnamon

In a large bowl, beat together 1/2 cup shortening and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add
2 cups flour
2 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
and beat until well blended. Beat 3 minutest longer.

Spread 1/2 batter into greased 9inch tube pan. Sprinkle with 1/2 nut mixture. Spread on remaining batter and top with rest of mixture. Bake @ 55 minutes, until cake tester comes out clean. Remover from pan. Makes about 10 servings. 
Now of course I wrapped it up before taking a picture, so I will have to add it later. Drink choice of the night is some delicious $3 wine from Trader Joe's...you can't go wrong with good $3 wine! :)

1 comment:

  1. It was very good..just like I remember and I think it was Blanches's Coffee Cake

    ReplyDelete