Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Well looky here....

Look what was dropped off today:


Another draw full of Aunt Mary's recipes! While I was explaining the premise of my challenge/blog to my mother the other day, she informed me that she had a draw of Mary's recipes, too. The two draws combined have the cream of the crop, the best of the best....actually, many of the recipe cards say on the top "This is the best recipe for ______ (insert name of bar/bread/cookie/cake/pie here)."

The new challenge looks like this...
After sifting through the additional draw and reading hundreds of recipes, I am going to do my best to bake/cook a majority of them. Once again, the ones I will omit ( a majority of the jellied salads and main meal dishes) are ones that she did not use much. The remainder still has me baking/cooking over a hundred recipes. 

While reading through the recipes, I came across this card in the cookie section:


Rachel's (me) Chocolate Chip Cookies. I never knew Mary had this card. I am taking this find as a sign (and that apparently I ate enough cookies to have my own recipe) and will be whipping this recipe up tomorrow. Tonight, I will be doing this...

its my culinary training! 

No comments:

Post a Comment