Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Banana Cake

With a bunch of going-brown bananas in the house, I had the perfect opportunity to make my FIRST COOKIES & COCKTAILS AUNT MARY RECIPE...Banana Cake.

I made the recipe and it came out great! Very light and moist! Once it was cooled and cut, I went to post the recipe, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Being the married lady that I am, I instantly thought my husband threw it away...so I sifted through the trash. No luck (and gross). I proceeded to rifle through bags, cabinets and drawers with no avail. My first post about baking and I have already lost the recipe! After losing hope that I would find it and racking my brain to remember the measurements, I sat down at the computer....to find the recipe sitting next to the keyboard. I hadn't even had a cocktail!

Banana Cake (written on a blue piece of notebook paper):

1 1/3 cup of flour
1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1/2 cup of butter, softened
1 1/2 cups of sugar
2 eggs
1/4 cups of buttermilk
1 generous cup of mashed bananas
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 and butter a 9X13 pan. Cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs (one at a time), buttermilk, and dry ingredients and mix until blended. Add bananas and vanilla. Bake for 35 minutes.


The original recipe called to bake it for45 minutes, but when I checked it at 35 it was definitely done. You may find that your cake will be done between 30-35 minutes. Oven technology (and temperatures) have changed since this was first written.

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Rachel, hats off to you for a delicious banana cake, Paul said he wants a bigger piece!

    ReplyDelete