Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Caution: Delicious Chocolate Chip Cookies may cause big butt

Now I remember why my ass is so big. I had forgotten how awesome these cookies were and apparently I ate my fair share to have the recipe named after me.

I braved the third day of monsoons (ok...the rain storm) to stock up on all the essentials I would need for this challenge. Finding a home for everything posed to be an obstacle. My kitchen or cupboards (see below) will never compare to those filled with Mary's baking supplies.
 (tight squeeze)

So back to the recipe. Its a super simple one to follow and makes delicious cake like cookies. Mary made this recipe quite often and would send all of the great nieces and nephews home with zip lock baggies full of cookies. This is actually one of the first recipes that I made with her:


(Rachel's) Chocolate Chip Cookies:
(written on fruit filled recipe card)


1 cup of margarine, softened
2 eggs
1 tsp of vanilla
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 1/4 cup flour, sifted
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups chocolate chips


Heat oven to 375.
Cream the margarine, brown, vanilla and eggs until light and fluffy. Add flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until combined. Stir in 2 cups of chocolate chips.
Drop by teaspoonful on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes. The recipe says that it makes 6doz 2 1/2 inc cookies, but I only got about 36.
I swear I only ate one of these cookies




Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. Rachel - Dad loved the cookies you dropped off

    ReplyDelete